Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs)
Self Managed Superannuation Funds let you control your retirement investments. Langwarrin’s Mentor Group are accounting, tax and SMSF specialists. We provide professional advice and assistance in SMSF setup and maintenance.
What is a Self Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF)?
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) enable you as a member to fully tailor your own investment choices for your retirement unlike managed super funds, such as industry funds. SMSF members act as a trustees or corporate trustees of the fund.
Our comprehensive SMSF services include:
- Professional SMSF Advice – Our advice and guidance is available before, during and after setting up an SMSF. Some key factors in deciding whether an SMSF is for you include the:
- Time and skills needed to manage an SMSF
- Initial and ongoing costs required
- Risks, responsibilities and laws around SMSFs.
- SMSF Establishment – Our team ensure that your SMSF is optimally set up, eligible for tax concessions and able to receive contributions. This includes:
- Planning and setting up the fund structure
- Creation of an investment strategy
- Documentation including the trust deed and
- Guidance on insurances, new ATO registrations and SIS regulations.
- Fund lending investment – SMSFs can be used to borrow funds to increase your investment portfolio, with tax-effective outcomes. We provide essential guidance in the areas of SMSF investment lending, including:
- Loans for a new or existing property
- Financial, tax and legal implications and
- Potential tax benefits relative to your position.
- Compliance –SMSFs must comply with Australian tax and super laws. Our SMSF specialists provide thorough compliance services including:
- Preparation of all tax, accounting and compliance documentation
- Provision of an independent SMSF annual external audit and
- Ongoing administration and support.
Choosing to self-manage your super is a major financial decision. Mentor Group ensures you gain the most from your SMSF.